Master's degree with NP certification. Current license or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas. No experience required.JOB DESCRIPTION:The nurse practitioner functions as an advanced practitioner providing primary health care for a caseload of patients in the area of clinical specialization.Salary Range
Commensurate with experienceSpecific Job Related Duties
The Transplant Medicine Nurse Practitioner, in collaboration with the Transplant Nephrology Physician and under approved protocols, manages the medical aspects of care in the observation, assessment, diagnosis, intervention, evaluation, rehabilitation, care and counsel and health teachings of transplant patients. The nurse practitioner will serve in a variety of roles including: preceptor, mentor, coach, clinician, collaborator, educator, consultant, researcher, and advocate to patients, families, and staff as necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Facilitates/coordinates transplant patient care on inpatient admissions and discharges along with other NPs in the team.
- Provides on-call service every four to six weeks
- Enters orders for transplant patients.
- Conducts daily rounds on patients, addressing transplant related needs
- Coordinates the medical plan of care with the nursing plan of care
- Differentiates between normal and abnormal findings obtained by history, physical screening, behavioral assessments, and in collaboration with the designated physician, implements an appropriate management plan
- Identified community health resources and refers patients as necessary
- Demonstrates understanding of post-transplant management including medications, complications, interventions and discharge planning in the coordination of recipient care.
- Executes physician's orders in accordance with legal, ethical, and institutional standards.
- Participates in quality assurance process improvement (QAPI) to improve transplant nursing practice, patient outcomes, and processes.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Pre-transplant evaluation of potential kidney and pancreas transplant candidates as well as post-transplant management locally and at outreach clinics under transplant nephrology physician supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate effectively with the multi-disciplinary team
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC JOB FUNCTIONS
Performs related duties as requiredClosing Statement
#NP #PAEqual Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Associated topics: adult nurse practioner, arnp, clinical, cna, midwife, np, physician assistant, practitioner, prn, spanish