Technical Support Engineer, Roof Coatings (Austin)
Compensation: $61,380.00 - $157,380.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Technical Support Engineer, Roof Coatings
This position will be focused on products in the Sealants Business Unit within Momentive Performance Materials (MPM). Specifically, the role will be responsible for technical activity and support of all segments; Structural Silicone Glazing, Insulated Glass , Weather Seal, Residential Glazing, Air Water Barrier and Architectural Coatings but with focused background and expertise in Roof Coatings supporting the GE Enduris* elastomeric coating platform sold into commercial roofing applications.
Candidate may be located anywhere within the continental United States.Responsibilities:
Technical Interfaces & Key Relationships:
- Responsive on-site project and technical support for both pre-construction and active construction project needs primarily within NAM with some limited activity in Mexico. Travel approximately 40-45%.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product Management and Technology (R&D) to support technical needs within their functional area. This includes the completion of literature review and support of New-Product-Introduction (NPI) projects.
- Active participation in assigned trade organizations, symposia and conferences (ASTM, RCI, FGIA, AAMA, etc.) with performance objective to help develop and execute strategies that represent, safeguard and promote MPM interests.
- Gather market competitive intelligence including new technologies, market trends, customer needs, IP opportunities and champion efforts to capitalize on opportunity by communicating and collaborating with Momentive associates in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to specification base; architects, consultants, SCIPs and property owner/managers.
- Write technical content for promotional materials for use to educate customers and marketplace and assist Marketing Communications to deliver professional, scientifically based presentations.
- Interface with function teams and outside agencies to optimize product testing to achieve various industry certifications and performance test requirements to achieve product differentiation.
- Create content for and execute internal and external customer training programs, Including: application procedure development, technical literature.
- Investigate customer complaints and issue timely information to internal colleagues for evaluation of proper course.
- Identify and create procedures, tools, literature and other technical concepts to support sales growth in segments.
- Collaborate with Marketing and R&D on development of new product concepts based on market analysis/needs, customer input and competitive product review/analysis.
- Support NPIs, customer trials and tests, and additional ad-hoc activities as necessary.
Enduris is a trademark of Momentive Performance Materials Inc. GE is a registered trademark of General Electric Company and is used under license by Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
- Construction Regional Account Managers
- Segment Application Development Engineers
- Construction Product Managers
- Construction Marketing Managers
- Construction R&D Team
- BS in Building Sciences, Material Science, Architectural or relevant Engineering -or- Bachelor s degree in another discipline and 3-5 years experience in commercial building construction -or- > 10 years experience in commercial roofing industry without a degree
- Strong organization skills with a proven ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to operate in a global cross-functional team environment with strong customer focus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Proficiency in web-based and mobile applications
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of creativity and technical interest
- Ability to work independently and in a matrix team environment
- Individual with construction job site experience and comfort level with all aspect of on-site support including roof-level work
- Ability to travel (including overnight travel) 40-45% of time
- Technically oriented individual working at similar or competing companies in construction industry
- Roof coating expertise
- Familiarity with common equipment used in the construction industry would be beneficial (spray & dispensing equipment, pumps, etc.)
- Individual with experience and knowledge of competitive landscape in NAM sealants market and range of protective & elastomeric coatings for buildings and structures
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Associated topics: assistant, client support, desk, edi, excel, help desk, information technology support, msword, support, troubleshoot
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...