Advanced Practical Nurse - ACNP/AGACNP - ICU
Methodist Hospital in San Antonio, TX
- Industry: Healthcare - Nursing - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN)
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $45,980.00 - 60,310.00 / Year*
DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Advanced Practical Nurse Cardiovascular ICU
ACPN / AGACPN
Midshift - Full Time - Exempt
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 981 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support andrecognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrogs Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Employee Discount Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Your Role: Advanced Practical Nurse - Cardiovascular ICU
Functions independently in lieu of the physician and collaboratively as an expert clinician, educator, consultant, researcher, and leader in nursing practice. In addition, initiates medical aspects of care under protocols jointly developed with the Program Director or designee and is responsible to him/her for the specific program/area of practice.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs physical examinations and special procedures within the scope of practice.
- Orders, interprets and evaluates laboratory tests and other diagnostic studies to identify and assess the patients clinical problems and health care needs. Participates in medical team progress notes, admissions, and discharge summaries, including dictating as required. Assists nursing and medical staff with discharge planning.
- Under medical supervision implements medical protocols including diagnosis and treatment of patient conditions when requested by the medical staff. The protocols will be developed in accordance with Hospital policy, the Texas Medical Practice Act, Nursing Practice Act, as well as the Board of Medical Examiners and the Board of Nursing Examiners rules and regulations.
- Communicates with medical, nursing, and multi-disciplinary personnel verbally and/or in writing any pertinent patient care information and plans for patient care. Participates in the development of the medical care plan. Coordinates care with other specialty areas when necessary and supports and implements change, programs, goals of the program and participates in performance improvement programs.
- Refers patients to physicians for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment. Established continuity of care by serving as a liaison between patient and other members of the multi-disciplinary team. Provides patient/family education and counseling.
- Must be able to perform duties independently and meet deadlines. Functions as a patient/family advocate, addressing cultural, ethical, and legal issues appropriately.
QualificationsMinimum Education and Experience:
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Our Companys recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: lead, license, licensed vocational, licensed vocational nurse, lpn, lvn, med surg, nurse ii, nurse iv, practical
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near San Antonio, TX!