The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will develop and maintain strong relationships with Regional, National and International key opinion leaders, and cultivate relationships with future leaders, across core specialties related to the Merz Neurosciences product portfolio. Through strong relationships and the use of clinical data, the MSL will facilitate broad dissemination of Merz clinical information supporting the neuroscience business, ensuring fair and balanced discourse. Strong key opinion leader relationships will also pave the way for greater receptivity to future pipeline products and generating clinical data in support of Merz portfolio.
This position will also serve as a BU scientific product expert in support of internal business unit stakeholders and high level key opinion leaders. As a BU expert, this position will help identify and support investigator initiated trials, clinical slide decks, aid in publication review and development, assist in creating scientific messaging and materials for the medical affairs team to utilize in the field, and serve as scientific liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
Key Opinion Leader Management:
- Drive regional, national, and international Key Opinion Leader identification, development, and support across core specialties (Neurologists, PM&R, ENT) that reside in the respective region in support of the Merz Neurosciences product portfolio.
- Respond to and document unsolicited requests from health care providers and/or payers for medical information on company products and pipeline.
- Develop and implement effective educational messaging plans to increase scientific awareness and advocacy of Merz products among health care providers in the field.
- Manage the scientific exchange and deliver fair balanced scientific responses to managed care key decision makers at both commercial and federal plans.
- Support grants, Investigator Initiated Trials, advocacy/speaking opportunities, and educational requests
- Maintain high level of clinical knowledge around Merz Neuroscience portfolio and market competitors, increasing credibility and strong educational discourse.
- Provide competitive intelligence to Merz internal stakeholders.
Medical Congress Management:
- Advanced profiling/planning for assigned medical meetings.
- Manage calendar of events for congresses, planning key opinion leader/Merz activities and engagements, and lead appropriate Senior Level management/key opinion leader interactions.
- Educate key opinion leaders congress faculty on Merz portfolio science to ensure awareness around new indications, identify educational opportunities, and communicate follow-up activities to commercial counterparts where appropriate.
- Observe and audit relevant sessions at medical meetings, follow up on educational opportunities (i.e. misinformation), and provide post meeting report on educational value.
Brand Lead Expert:
- Assigned as specific Merz product lead expert to support clinical and scientific commercial needs (create brand workshops/training sessions, contribute scientific information for brand plans/war-games, develop materials for medical affairs presentations, etc.)
- Execute scientific and clinical workshops for internal meetings to help strengthen scientific acumen across various divisions of Merz.
- Facilitate company sponsored investigator initiated trials (IITs) including milestones, patient recruitment and enrollment, and publication planning.
- Provide Medical/Clinical teams with feedback and insights from interactions with thought leaders and investigators.
- Facilitate investigator interactions with R&D.
Scientific Advisory Boards:
- Aid with the execution of Medical Affairs advisory boards in support of the Neuroscience portfolio for the purpose of identifying knowledge/science gaps, problem resolution, aid with product development, and generate key opinion leader consensus on treatment guidelines.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong clinical knowledge in relevant therapeutic areas.
- Business acumen and strong working knowledge of neurosciences industry and the medical device/pharmaceutical regulatory and compliance environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Knowledge of Methods:
- Adhere to corporate SOPs and ensure vigilant compliance with relevant legal and regulatory guidelines governing scientific interactions with physicians and healthcare professionals across all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited medical/scientific information.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and regulatory guidelines governing commercial and scientific interactions with healthcare professionals and other business partners.
- Maintain strict adherence to company compliance policies and government regulations. Foster the highest levels of personal and corporate integrity. Should have working knowledge of PhRMA and AdvaMed Code and FDA regulations regarding marketing of prescription drug and medical device products.
- MSL or related industry experience
Associated topics: care physician, clinic, family medicine, family practice physician, hospitalist, physician, physician md, practice, primary care, urgent