Chief Information Officer
Illumina in Irving, TX
- Industry: Information Technology - Chief Executive (Director/CIO/CTO)
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $196,915.00 - 196,915.00 / Year*
The VP/CIO will identify and execute a technology vision designed to enable the execution of objectives and strategies of Illumina to achieve our mission. The CIO devises and directs Illuminas technology strategy and ensures that all systems necessary to support its operations and objectives are in place. The CIO selects and implements suitable technology to streamline all internal operations to help optimize their strategic benefits and improve customer experience. The CIO is a persuasive leader who inspires, motivates and guides others towards clear goals, continually leading by example and making technology an enabler for the customer.
This role will lead all global operations of Information Technology organization including programming, operations, technical, desktop and mobile technical support; department standards; procedures and work flow; short- and long-term department planning, implementation of new applications and interfaces with purchased software, and upgrading existing applications to system and vendor software.
This role is critical to our cyber security and continuity plans
This role currently leads a strong capital investment , manages a large budget, and leads a global team of 360+
Where we are going
As a $3.5B global organization we are transforming for scale. We currently have offices in over 27 locations and remote workers around the world. A global footprint creates unique opportunities for this role to transform our IT strategy to streamline all internal operations, optimize strategic benefits, and advance technology to gain competitive advantage. This candidate is a persuasive leader who inspires, motivates and guides others towards an understood goal, continually leading by example and making technology 'easy' for the customer.
In the first year it will be critical for this leader to assess out current offerings, align with our business strategy and prioritize effectively for maximum benefit. In addition, there is a strategic opportunity to build our analytics strategy, data management, governance and infrastructure. This will be foundational for a future vision of investing in AI, machine learning and Robotic process automation. (3-5 years out)
Although a well run, efficient, IT organization is important, this leader must see how IT will enable our broader strategic priorities. Being able to articulate a compelling vision and influence key stakeholders is a critical skill for success.
- Develop long-term and short-term IT strategy for the company. Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits. Bring clarity and direction to strategic business decisions enabling immediate savings and the right investment assuring future, sustainable growth.
- Oversee the technical infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance
- Build the systems, processes, and team required to support rapid growth, commercialization, and international expansion. Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to exploit new technologies to achieve key business objectives. Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain a competitive advantage
- Serve as Chief Data Security Officer and oversee policies related to data security in both hardware and software venues, including HIPAA, PCI and GDPR compliance where applicable.
- Lead and direct cybersecurity efforts and liaise with the Audit Committee on as needed basis. Responsible for enhancing and improving data security for each business and the entire enterprise. Identifying vulnerabilities in each business units network. Developing and implementing a comprehensive plan to secure each environment
- Develop and implement IT governance framework for the company.
- Exceptional leadership skills required. Strong teamwork and leadership behaviors within own group, other peer groups, and across the organization
- Analyze the costs, value, and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions
- BS Computer Science, Business or related field. Advanced degree desirable.
- The ideal candidate probably has a minimum 15 years experience in Information Technology including minimum of five years in a senior leadership position.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in both organizations with established IT infrastructure and rapidly growing companies where systems and processes need to be designed and implemented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to build strong rapport across all functional areas.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Proven project management experience, including successfully setting priorities, meeting schedules, and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Successful experience with the implementation of technical applications and communications across multiple locations.
- Experience in public company/Sarbanes-Oxley-compliant environment.
- Experience with support of international commercial business operations
Posted 4 Days Ago
Do you want to make a difference? Illuminas mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, lets talk. Weve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
Were an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isnt just in financials, weve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps thats why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its Worlds Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!