M - F
Job SummaryEndoscopy Unit seeking a Manager of Nursing (RN) at Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Nursing Manager is a registered nurse who has 24-hour comprehensive operational responsibility for the delivery and quality of patient care provided in the designated areas(s) of responsibility.
- The manager assists with developing and implementing performance initiatives to ensure optimal patient safety and outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and critical thinking through self-direction, initiative, effective interpersonal skills and oral/written communications skills.
- Fosters interdepartmental/interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Participates in committees, representing unit and Nursing in a positive manner.
- Establishes effective, two way communication with staff.
- Selects, retains, and effectively develops unit staff and management personnel, utilizing performance appraisals, corrective counseling, and commendations to achieve desired outcomes.
- Functions as role model to staff, reinforcing principles of service orientation and ensuring that the focus is always on improving patient care.
- Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
- Plans coverage of unit to maximize presence of management and staff.
- Responds to employee, patient and physician concerns, taking appropriate action and channeling concerns according to appropriate procedures.
- Maintains ongoing interactions with patients, families, physicians, and staff on how to improve patient care and service provided.
- Prepares measurable goals and objectives that are consistent with The Methodist Hospital System priorities, and develops action plans for achieving goals, incorporating collaborative efforts if appropriate.
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor hazards.
- Manages unit expenses within approved budget parameters.
- Develops staffing plans and schedules to meet patient care needs that reflect understanding of the importance of cost-effectiveness.
- Implements change, demonstrating the ability to motivate employees and follow through to ensure change in behavior has actually occurred.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills to include investigation, identification of cause(s) and development of corrective action, and submits reports which require minimal editing.
- Demonstrates initiative in identifying developmental needs of staff and taking appropriate action, including collaboration with unit educator.
- Minimum 2 yrs in a clinical setting, leadership experience required. i.e. Charge Nurse
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Degree in Nursing, Bachelors or Masters required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Texas RN license or temporary TX RN license, should obtain permanent license within 90 days. Compact license acceptable according to current Board of Nursing requirements.
- Magnet recognized certification within 6 months of eligibility.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Equal employment opportunity
is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened in December 2000 to serve the comprehensive health care needs of the growing community in Northwest Houston. The 312 bed hospital has 17 operating rooms, and more than 1,900 employees. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has been named a Magnet recognized health care facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Centers (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program and was ranked No. 8 in the Houston metro area and No. 19 in Texas by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital in 2016. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital is Northwest Houston's regional leader in robotic minimally-invasive surgeries and specializes in cardiology and cardiovascular services, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics and sports medicine, and comprehensive cancer services. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has a Breast Care Center, Cancer Center, Imaging Center, Infusion Center, Sleep Center, Surgical Weight Loss Center and operates the largest Childbirth Center in the greater Northwest Houston area.
Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, care, domiciliary, hospice, intensive care, maternal, nurse clinical, tcu, unit