SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Clear Lake Regional Medical CenterWebster, TX
An HCA Affiliated Hospital
Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiacvascular ProgressiveCare Unit (CV PCU).
Clear Lake RegionalMedical Center, where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets thecomfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years,Clear Lake Regional Medical Center has been providing high-quality,cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of theservices provided at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center include:
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Cancer care
- Diabetes management
- Level III emergency department
- ACR-accredited imaging center
- One-on-one therapy
- Neuroscience and neurology
- Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery
- Wound treatment center
- Women s and Children s Center
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, a Top Performer on Joint Commission Key Qualities,opened its doors in 1972. Today, we have approximately 2,000 staff members and900 physicians in multiple specialties more talent and experience than anyother hospital in the region.
Clear Lake Regional MedicalCenter is looking for a RegisteredNurse (RN) Cardiacvascular Progressive Care Unit (CV PCU).
The 36-bed bed unit is a 24-hourprovider of acute, medical care services to adult and geriatric populationswith a wide variety of diagnoses including but not limited to, stroke,pneumonia, COPD. This unit also services as a telemetry overflow.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementingand evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practicefor Cardiovascular Intermediate Care Unit and managing all assigned personnel,supplies, and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assessand improve the quality of patient care.
- Responds to Code Blue and implements life-savingmeasures, per ACLS protocol.
- Interprets EKG rhythm strips, on all telemetrypatients.
- Monitors special drugs (i.e., Dopamine, Lidocaine,Dobutrex, and Cardizem) and other cardiac drugs, as per protocol. Assessespatients in an ongoing manner, per protocol.
- Assists physician with procedures, as needed (i.e.,thoracentesis, chest tube insertion, and venous access devices). Assumesthe responsibility of charging the unit, as needed.
- Responsible for assessment of patient withtelemetry monitoring and/or continuous pulse oximeter.
- Responsible for maintaining customer friendlyatmosphere. Draws blood from venous lines.
- Models and reinforces behavior consistent withgoals for teaching the patient, communicates patient status to appropriatemember of the healthcare team, and provides support to the family, as needed.
- Scanning supplies from P.O.U. area. Responsible forensuring Through-Put Plan is enforced and followed.
- Responsible for scanning patient armbands andadministering medications via E-MAR.
- Responsible for entering orders via OrderManagement in computer
- Responsible for ensuring core measure patients areidentified and protocols followed.
- Responsible for maintainingpatient safety goals
- Graduate of an accredited School ofProfessional Nursing is required.
- 1-year of Medical Surgical RNexperience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Current Texas or compact statelicensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Associationrequired.
- ACLS certification within three months of hire.
We offer a generous compensation package including:
Vacation, 401k, EmployeeStock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision,life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spendingaccounts,
along with othervoluntary benefit options and programs.
Come make a difference - Apply Online Now!
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, care unit, domiciliary, hospice, intensive care unit, nurse rn, recovery, registed, surgery