Job Opportunity Job ID: 56284
This position is in Plano.
This job is responsible for preparing food for patients, employees, and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preview menus and work orders to determine type and quantities of foods to be obtained and prepared.
- Assist in preparing, seasoning and cooking foods for patients, cafeteria trayline,specialfunctions, and/or special diet customers; make pizzas, bake desserts and decorate cakes.
- Assist with setting up the trayline in the cafeteria and serving on the trayline as required; ensure that catered events are set up appropriately.
- Inspect cooking equipment and utensils and maintain cleanliness and proper operation.
- Observe and maintain required sanitary levels throughout the food preparation process; ensure that foods meet standards for quality, freshness, taste and appearance.
- Assist with the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred but not required.
Licenses & Certifications
- One to two years of previous experience in food preparation is required.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of baking methods/routines, cooking methods/procedures, types of preparation and related routines.
- The ability to follow recipes and instructions.
- Exposed to hot and humid work environment.
- Subject to cuts and burns, and exposed to hazards of steam and heat.
- Requires physical effort for lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling heavy objects, and for performing light manual labor.
- Requires prolonged standing, walking or moving around the work place.
- Requires physical ability to operate kitchen appliances.
Requirements: Job Family Facilities and Operations Expertise Facilities and Operations - Food Services Job Type Full Time Location Plano, Texas
Associated topics: baker, baking, cocinero de la preparacion, cutter, fryer, line cook, persona de parilla, restaurant assistant cook, restaurant cook, station